Saturday, August 5, 2017

Heart of Leaves


I am often taken aback at how many heart shapes one can find in nature.  They are seen in flowers, clouds, rocks, trees--just about everywhere.

I was in Spokane, Washington, with a friend of mine when I spotted the leafy heart in this picture.  Can you see it?

I have not posted to this blog for about a year.  My camera broke and I really don't like my new one.  Also, it has been a year of dealing with the loss of my Beloved husband.  Suddenly my mind comprehends he will not be back.  I have stopped listening for his step, or expecting him to burst in the back door full of humor and stories.  I miss him dreadfully--but the darkness of loss is beginning to lift.

That's not to say it won't be back.  Grief is like the ocean.  It is always there--and sometimes there are dreadful storms.

God bless you, dear ones.  Look for those hearts--they're everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment