Friday, March 15, 2013

Wedge of Geese


On my way home from lunch with a Friend, I stopped by the Baskett Slough.  When I left my car to walk beside the watery stillness, it was soft, peaceful and quiet.  Only a stray duck paddled near, probably to discover if I had something for it to eat.

Quite suddenly a wedge of geese lifted from somewhere over the hills and with a collected shout filled the air.  Thousands of them were headed straight over where I stood next to the waters.  What a lovely sight.  Of course, as you can see, there is a perfect triangle of flying geese.  This is just a portion of the flock of birds which flew overhead.  They were magnificent.

Have a lovely day!

2 comments:

  1. What an amazing sight - and sounds - I can almost hear their cries. Fun, fun, fun!!!

    ReplyDelete