Thursday, October 3, 2013

Volunteer Hearts -Guest Heart Thursday


I cleared the little planting area outside my office window.  Mostly what grew there were bramble bushes, Herb Roberts and Day Lilies.  I put in some bark dust to keep it neat and forgot about it.  What a surprise to find a gigantic plant sprawling from the planter box onto the cement.  It was a volunteer squash plant.  

No squash--just wonderful large yellow flowers.  I have enjoyed that volunteer squash plant more than I can say.  I will be sad to see it go when the first winter freeze steals away its delicate beauty.  In the meantime, I am grateful for the hearts outside my window.
 
For more heart art, photography and altogether fabulous heart stuff from around the world, visit Clytie at Random Hearts for Guest Heart Thursday.

1 comment:

  1. There's something so fun about volunteer plants - like special little gifts! I had a volunteer tomato one year that had the most tasty little fruits!!!
    I'm so glad you have the hearts outside your window! I hear we may have areas of frost tonight ... I hope your volunteer hearts survive.

    ReplyDelete