Thursday, May 31, 2012

Wild Rose Heart - Guest Heart Thursday


I know, this isn't a cloud--but it is still one of nature's lovely surprises.

On our last walk in the forests of our childhood, Sissy and I chanced upon spring's first wild rose blooms--naturally this one was shaped like a heart.  These are native roses which, despite their small size and lack of loads of petals--are incredibly fragrant.   I remember gathering the petals of our native wild roses to make "fume" with my children when they were young.

Have a lovely day everyone and Happy Guest Heart Thursday!

For more heart art, photography and altogether fabulous heart stuff from around the world, visit Clytie at Random Hearts for Guest Heart Thursday!
 

1 comment:

  1. oh I miss the wild roses that grew around our house when I was a little girl...they don't seem to grow here in NH, different soil. My father used to say I was like a wild rose and that's why I loved them so much (my middle name happens to be Rose, go figure:-)

    ReplyDelete